Monday, October 26, 2009

Padded cells half off this week only

For a few minutes, I need to let everyone know about the woman behind the blog. It's been a crazy week. I'm behind on everything and nothing is getting done. When the flu ran through me, it at least left my household alone. For once, maybe I did something right. ha ha

If you're like me, the craziness of life can get to you at times. That's one reason I refer to my house as the Looneybin. With three kids who think most of the time they are running the show, two dogs who are positive that they are the boss, a husband who really is the numero uno dude and then me, things don't always go according to plan.

This was supposed to be a great school year, full of experimenting with new ideas and learning what is going to work for our little family. Instead, to me it has felt like utter chaos. We have fully enjoyed reviewing for the Old Schoolhouse and the products they have been sending, but much to my dismay, we haven't found a "groove" yet that works for us.

I'm asking my readers for advice. The Looneybin needs a little less chaos and a little more harmony. Maybe, mom just needs to get her act together, I really don't know. Teaching kids in the 3rd, 5th and 8th grades is a challenge, especially since their interests are so varied. We also have a schedule that keeps us hopping since my husband is a pastor, then I need to be available at a moments notice and be able to leave the kids working well on their own. Perhaps I made a mistake in getting away from workbooks that we never seemed to complete. Right now, I baring myself to you and asking you, what you veterans might suggest. Yes, I've been at this for 9 years but somehow, we still don't have it together and I do so want them to learn and do well. I'm just however not ready to hand them over to public schools under any circumstances.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Blessings,
DebG, Head Nut

No comments:

Post a Comment