Saturday, July 11, 2009

All moved in

Well, all our "stuff" is at our new house. Moving for the second time in six months was a chore, but God blessed us with our very own home this time.

In a week, vacation Bible school starts. I'm very curious about other churches and families where it comes to this. Are you doing a VBS and if so, what materials are you using this year? Our church has chosen to do the Underground Church of Rome. I'm excited! There is more to do this year than teach, sing or do crafts. With this literature, I'm actually get to use my loud mouth in a drama each night. I am going to play one of the ladies who gathers for the underground church and eagerly awaits word from Paul! This is going to be so fun.

This week though, we are starting a study in the Old Testament with our children here at home. We are using Grapevine Studies to teach the kids an overview of the basics of the OT. This will be a wonderful start to my oldest daughter's study in Proverbs 31. I have been eagerly awaiting the start of that study as well. I anticipate being able to watch her bloom into the woman God intended for her to be.

I'll keep everyone updated as to our progress. OH! I almost forgot, my youngest child has a lot of trouble with math. I'm considering using Math-U-See but I understand there are others like it out there. Any comments or suggestions are VERY appreciated!

Thanks and blessings from
Deb G

No comments:

Post a Comment